We assist survivors of domestic violence and abuse by providing the following services:
To develop culturally specific strategies to prevent and stop domestic violence and abuse in all communities. More specifically we aim to:
- Access to safe shelters and transitional housing.
- Helpline managed by trained volunteers maintaining utmost confidentiality.
- Access to Legal help.
- Family & marriage counseling.
- Agency referrals.
- English as a Second Language (ESL) classes.
- GED exam training.
- Basic computer classes and Adult Education classes.
- Assistance with general skill development and job search.
- Multilingual volunteers to help with language and communication barriers.
We need more local volunteers and/or general members to assist with transportation of clients to different classes, arrange small culturally suitable outings to prevent social isolation, assist with legal matters, and interpret documents to native languages.